Sorry for any inconvenience but the pool is closed to Pay as you go customers from 3.00pm to 6.00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays during the school term. This does not affect members of the Apex. Please click here to view the pool timetable.
Whether it’s a relaxing swim, some quality family time with your kids, lane swimming or one of our fun aqua blast classes, The Apex Sport Health & Leisure Centre Swimming Pools have something to offer everybody!
The Apex has the following facilities available to its users:
- 25m x 6 Lane Swimming Pool
- A 10m x 6.5m Learners Pool
- A 10m x 6.5m Kids Fun Pool
- A Health Suite with Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi
- The Flume Slide
The Apex offers kids swimming lessons throughout the week (Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday evenings & Saturday mornings). A full list of our current swimming lessons timetable can be found here. If you are interested in booking your child in for swimming lessons or need more information please call in or phone us on 051-445522.
Swimming Hats must be worn in the Swimming Pool at all times. These are available at the Main Reception for €2.00
Children (under 16 years of age) are welcome each day in The Apex from 09.00am – 07.00pm (09.00am – 08.00pm on Fridays), and children under 8 years of age must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times.
The Flume slide at The Apex is great fun for kids big and small! The Flume slide does not run when swimming lessons are in progress, so to avoid disappointment please check the Flume timetable here.
We aim to make the lane swim facility in the main pool as enjoyable as possible for all patrons. With this in mind please note the following:
- Lanes are for full length swimming only
- Swim in the direction of the lane signs
- Swim in the lane that best suits your ability
- Swimmers should stop to allow faster swimmers to overtake
- Swimmers resting or waiting should do so to one side
- Do not swim across lanes
- Do not lean on lane ropes as this poses a risk to other swimmers
- If unsure of use or etiquette ask lifeguard on duty.
- Access to lane-swim should be determined by ability as determined by the lifeguard
The swim lane timetable is varied each day in order to accommodate other activities. Our aim is to provide all pool users with maximum access.
Current Swim Lane Timetables are also posted in the Pool Entrance Lobby noticeboard.